Q1. Will you commit to returning the Hope Township LLRW TRUST Fund capital and unspent interest to the W2 ratepayers? A1. YES.
Q2. Will you respect the terms of the LLRW Agreement (Schedule 8, Township of Hope Fund) which states that the annual interest on the $10M Hope Township LLRW TRUST Fund will be used “to defray the lower tier municipal taxes or levies which would otherwise be payable by the ratepayers” of the former Township of Hope? A2. YES
Q3. Will you commit to re-open the area rating of taxes between Ward 1 and Ward 2, cancel the 37% tax increase to Ward 2, and work out a fair, equitable and transparent sharing of taxes between Ward 1 and Ward 2? A3. YES.
Q4. Will you demand a cost breakdown and public disclosure of where our tax money is being spent in each department and in each Ward? A4. YES.
Q5. Will you agree to continue OPP policing for Ward 2 as long as Ward 2 residents wish it to continue? A5. NO.
Q6. Will you agree to keep the Welcome Fire Station open? A6. YES.
Q7. How will you address and overcome the current discord between Ward 1 and Ward 2 with positive action?
1) Start with a public meeting to presents the facts on all issues and include staff, Council and the public
2) Advertise to strike a “task force”, which should include the Mayor, Ward 1 and Ward 2 Council Rep, and 2 members at large from each Ward.
3) Monthly updates should be presented to Council and the public
4) The time frame should be 1 year for the task force to presents their findings.
5) Move forward as 1 community or apply for de-amalgamation.